Friday, March 1, 2024

To Help Others Understand Nature

The quote below remarks that each of our cells contains a minuscule sea.
And here we are each cells in a breathing giant.  
It's a dizzying reality, isn't it?
It's so dizzying and marvelous, I guess its not surprising
I reduce my field of attention so as not to be 
permanently in a state of drop-jawed, wordless amazement?
I don't seem to have the capacity to manage the wonderment.
I admire those with the energy to recognize and revel in it.
Perhaps this is because its easier to gird against everything
than it is to face the complexity containing 
the scary as well as the sacred,
the horrible as well as the holy?
Even now, I'm unable to focus solely on what is flawless and life-giving.
The ancient neural pathways are carved deep.
I wish there was a medicine or a refraction or an adjustment
 that would cure this bias toward what's 
not quite as I'd like it to be...what's a smidge off.
Meanwhile, I continue the exercises to undo the habit.
Practice, practice, practice and repeat.
To be continued.
Namaste'












 

No comments:

Post a Comment