Friday, September 4, 2026

How Would You Live Then?

This poem animates the world around us
in such enchanting ways you can't help but 
start to see things from this perspective.
I'm not entirely sure I want a mockingbird as an advisor,
but I would gladly welcome an owl, a horse; nor
would I refuse a spider or an earthworm. 
If forced to choose one, I would have to go for the spider
with it's amazing creative capabilites.  
The more I consider this, the more creatures come to mind,
I'm going to have to create a roundtable of cabinet members.

We all know, sad as it is, if the bees were filling our walls 
with honey, the exterminator would be getting a call, right?

I would be forever grateful for a brook sliding downhill 
next to my bedroom window..it's all the prayer I need.

I raise a glass, tip my hat and bend a knee
 to the silver of water and the gold of sunflowers. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment