Friday, September 4, 2026

I No Longer Pray

Oh my, can you imagine living in such a manner?

To know when to recede and when to rise?
I'd like to believe that the overwhelming majority of us
who are NOT happy with how things are going
have fingers on the button advising us
as when to recede (now) and when to rise.
I feel poised for the go ahead to rise. 
May it come at just the right time
with just the right set of instructions
and may we all answer the call.

To never mistake either for defeat?
It wasn't long ago that I found myself
writing I was allergic to win/lose language.
It felt like it came out of nowhere yet
I realized in the typing how true it was.
We are recalibrating...adjusting dials...
correcting the skewed course our country
is currently on.  

This vessel will listen to the winds of hearts
and adjust the route we're taking...
unto a path that moves us toward
the values we cherish.
I know you know what they are.
We're in this together.
We have what it takes to make it happen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment