"let the earth do what it is here to do:
hold you, steady you.
As is often the case, I nod my head yes as I read this,
and then a tiny question arises...well, what about
that time you read how David Whyte
described his experience when an earthquake
took the earth out from under him?
Ok, yes, that can happen, and its no small matter,
so lets REALLY appreciate when it holds and steadies.
"...your heart, aired out. . .the whole sky moving in."
This is an alluring image to embody.
I often gaze at the sky with deep appreciation,
but have never considered it moving in.
It's an intoxicating invitation which I will
RSVP yes to every time I see the sky from now on.
"While your body speaks in its mother tongue."
Love, love, love this line.
Round of applause for May.

No comments:
Post a Comment