Saturday, February 19, 2022

Two Thoughts In Our Head


 I've had this quote lying in the wings for awhile.  
(I thought his recent conversation with Katherine May 
on the On Being website was provocative.)
It seems pertinent to the discussion
on starting something new.

I LOVE my routine. 
 I've come to realize this more and more
especially when something interrupts it.
Now I'm coaching myself amidst the annoyance
to view it as an experience 
activating neurons in my brain 
which are growing new projections 
and forming new connections.
Its a chance to visit the wilderness
part of my inner territory.
I'm going where this woman has not gone before.
In a way, its like becoming an explorer of the wild inside!
It helps reorient my strong aversion to finding myself
in unexpected and uncertain terrain.
kastilwell



No comments:

Post a Comment