Monday, February 12, 2024

A Piece of Advice

Isn't this the truth?
As much as I want to focus on imagining and creating what I do want,
it continues to surprise me how challenging it can be
to clarify this in physical, concrete, tangible ways.
Clarifying what I don't want?
That's a walk in the park.
I'm guessing you know what I'm talking about?

I want to live in a world of mutual respect.
There.  That wasn't such a challenge after all, was it?
It's in the making it happen that the strenuous practice
of paying attention and shifting my automatic impulses
in the opposite direction becomes clear.

I'm forced to admit my own lack of it
(toward myself and others),
 especially when worn out mental pathways
trigger disrespectful thoughts and actions.
In that nanosecond of possibility, 
to pause long enough to shift into neutral
and as gently as possible, make a U turn.

My days may be growing shorter 
but, I'm determined 
to be the change I want to see.

Namaste'







 

No comments:

Post a Comment