Monday, April 8, 2024

The Reason We Gather For The Solar Eclipse

 


I pay more attention to eclipses since 2017 
when we experienced a total solar eclipse right here.
It was an enchanting delight.
Am I the only one who didn't know they always occur 
at a new moon and are followed by a lunar eclipse 
about two weeks later at the full moon?
It's the geometry of the planetary movements, so of course.
It's fun and mildly embarrassing to learn new things at my age.

I'm reminded of this quote by Angela Faye Martin:

"Was this a signal to humanity to observe that balance is possible and that 
even a (relatively) small, white orb can blot out a powerful giant 
punctuated by the visual silence of a dark new moon? 
I also think of the respite that new moons afford wildlife; 
less predation + less crazy, in general. 
"Take notice of the little things," the moon seemed to be saying. 
Give shelter, if you're a mighty moon.Any effort is momentous."

Namaste







No comments:

Post a Comment