Thursday, April 4, 2024

No More Apologies

There are times I have wondered about my heart
due to my strong avoidance of difficult feelings.
It's made me wonder if it was made of cement.
However, I know with every centimeter of 
my cement heart, that my humanity is intact.
There needs to be a word for the mixture of
helplessness and fierce rage felt simultaneously.
It may look like detachment from the outside.
Inside its a molten vat of lava.  

I say "no more apologies, for being who we are."
No atonement is required for that.
Unless we are the one requiring it from ourself.

As I say those words, a thought comes to my mind.
What about those I believe need to be making enormous apologies
(and amends) to man and womankind and our Earth?
How to reconcile** the wrongs being perpetrated
on innocent beings today, not to mention across history?
Sitting with this is a puzzlement, an enigma, a conundrum.


** There needs to be another better word than reconcile which means to "make peace with" or "adjust". I don't want to do either. Alternate words like grapple and wrestle sound too war like to me.  

We need a word for fierce (and productive) dissent; and another for relentless (and effective) resistance.  
Namaste'






 

No comments:

Post a Comment