Wednesday, April 24, 2024

The Luminous, Mycelial Tethers Between Us,

Each time I read this, it sinks down deeper...
reaching tiny tentacles into my tissue,
burrowing its way into every cell, every molecule, every atom.

It took some time to absorb this phrase:
"the holding through the grief joy is"
I couldn't wrap my head around "the grief joy is".
It finally settled into the stark
and I do mean stark, reality of grief.
 I am finally able to grasp joy holding us through grief.
The joy in the outpouring of love from those around us
when we are shredded by the tragedy of loss;
"The luminous, mycelial tethers between us", 
joy in the recognition of the love at the core of our grief,
weaving and wending its way through our landscape,
connecting us with total strangers in our common humanity.

Joy holds us as our Earth holds us...
in the midst of all that is wrong,
at the heart of all we cherish,
at the center of our sorrow,
holding us through our grief.

We belong to each other...
we are in this together.

Namaste'






 

No comments:

Post a Comment