Friday, April 12, 2024

The Lives of Fungi

I feel as though I'm being led this morning.
First it was this image by Angela Faye Martin.
Thanks Angela!  I love this.
Then this quote which has been in my pending pile for a while.
Which led to today's thought which mesmerizes me.
Sheldrake's illustrated book is now on hold at the library.

Searching for a proper photo to use as a backdrop
 lead me to this quote:
"Fungi are the latest addition to human menagerie,
 joining bacteria and viruses in forming the teeming, 
biological kingdom-spanning superorganisms of our bodies." Brandon Keim

It's always a rush for me when various threads weave together in this way.
They tendril their way through space and time 
in an apparently random, disparate, disconnected manner;
 (Sheldrakes book came out in 2020, 
Angela visited Hambidge in March, I saw the photo this morning
Keim's quote was written way back in 2012!)
to end up in my landscape in what seems like a 
perfectly orchestrated, coherent manner.

I'm enchanted by the idea of being 
"jolted out of well worn patterns of thought" 
and being "led into new ways of thinking".

I hope you can follow my thread of thought!
Namaste'









 

No comments:

Post a Comment