Friday, April 5, 2024

Each Of Us Is Several

Rosemerry's poem "Making Peace With My Inner Fire Fighter"
came to mind when this quote I'd tucked away awhile back 
circled around to my attention.

I'm more and more curious to identify all these various
creature selves living within the terrain of my psyche.
It makes me realize, with chagrin, how much time I spend focusing on 
what's going on outside of me...or on my screen.  

Way, way back, I remember reading about Hokemah's table
where one is invited to gather her inner family
and seat them around the table of her imagination. 
I got as far as envisioning the table, 
the room it was sitting in, and the door.

Perhaps this is a nudge to spend some time
with those who are milling around waiting to be seated?

I'm betting one of them is related to Rosemerry's firefighter!!

Namaste'







 

No comments:

Post a Comment