Tuesday, April 23, 2024

The Final Definition of Fix

Greetings on the day of the April 2024 Full Moon.

"Isn't the point of beautiful art...a person...a life... that
it is unfixable and unfixing? And that it unmoors us,
calls into question what we thought we knew 
and  who we thought we were?"
I never thought of beautiful art in these terms.
These words cause shivers inside my bones.

"art asks more that we could ever answer"
Long ago I was introduced to the phrase,
"learning to live with the questions".
It is attributed to Rilke although it came
to me via a spiritual director in one of my former lives.
I've carried it with me ever since.
Now, Ross Gay has thrown it wide open 
by connecting it to the process of making art,
by learning about myself by living my life.
It empties me out....turns me into nothing...
the nothing that is everything.
Namaste'



 

No comments:

Post a Comment