Monday, February 22, 2021

A Real Conversation With The Landscape

I'm in the midst of The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah.  So far it has served up a SHARP attitude adjustment about what it means to suffer hardship.  I will recall this story whenever I feel the slightest bit sorry for myself.  This is NOTHING compared to what others have endured.  NOTHING.  

Which brings me to the idea of "a real conversation with the landscape".  Although there are those whose work converses intimately with the earth, there are many of us whose work is at least a step or two removed from the natural elements.  Wouldn't it be something if we could find a way to return our work (and our play) to the elements described in this quote?  It's far easier to do so here in these mountains.  How can those living in cityscapes connect their work and their play to the natural world?  It seems it would take some intense focus and creative connections to do so.  But I believe it can be done no matter where one lives or what one does for work. kastilwell



 

No comments:

Post a Comment