Friday, February 19, 2021

Dark With Silences


This quote reaches deep, deep down inside me in ways I do not welcome.  
How many times have I experienced the unnatural silences?  
The termination of a creation due to factors I was unaware were working against me?  
Factors such as fear, embarrassment, uncertainty.  
The circumstances I was born into programmed me to seek "perfection".   
Perfection with an arbitrary, abstract and "unnatural" definition. 

Rather than being programmed for "perfection", 
if I could go back and choose my programming, 
I would have it be a welcoming of imperfection.  
It would applaud the awkward attempts 
to bring what is yearning to live within me 
into the open where it could survive and thrive 
or cease to be in a natural way.  
Meanwhile, I hold the silences like a crucifixion in the hopes 
they will lead me to encounter the same path Jesus found.  

kastilwell

Note:  (My first choice of words to begin this were "man oh man" then "boy oh boy".  I've rejected both.  Why do I do that?)


No comments:

Post a Comment