Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Communication is a Miracle

"It is not surprising that we misunderstand each other;
it is shocking that we ever communicate effectively at all."

I confess, I'm someone who focuses pretty much
only on the conversation and communication going on inside
my own head.  I seldom do a sound check to see if
my interpretation of any given situation is anywhere near
rational, open minded and based on actual evidence.
I also confess to sometimes being influenced by what I see and hear
without giving an ounce of examination.  Mostly because it lines up with 
what I want to hear or a lack of awareness.

This is why silence seems so important. 
Silence and gentle questioning of myself (and others)
to find the heart of the matter.  To face the contradictions.
To consider my own motivations and incompleteness.
To be attentive to what I don't know yet.
To be willing to make mistakes, to fail, to learn and to keep going.
Emphasis on gentle. Emphasis on heart.
Emphasis on understanding...myself and others.

We're in this together.
Namaste'



 

No comments:

Post a Comment