Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Be The Person Who Still Tries

These words cause rumbles for me.
I'm someone who has lived according to the rule of: 
"if it's not working, go on to other things, it's not meant for you."
This rule has served me well to an extent
but in retrospect I can see some cracks in the thinking.
Some things require trying and failing, often many times.
Is it an illusion that when something is "your thing"
you will feel it to your bones and enjoy the process?
For someone who has relinquished many goals because
my bones weren't digging it, this is an important question.
The more important question might be,
what is it I want to still keep trying as life grows shorter?
Loving in spite of my feelings to the contrary is uppermost
in my mind these days.  
Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment