Thursday, January 4, 2024

Love Is

"to hold up another's well-being and dignity regardless of how you feel about them."
This, my friends, is the challenge of my life.  And it doesn't only apply to people.
It applies to animals, insects, pests, even poison ivy. All of which make great practice material
for the really difficult undertaking of those humans who ignite disdain.
It's a lesson in equality.
The hardest part is recognizing that no one and nothing is higher or lower in stature.
They all play their part in this amazing, diverse, multi faceted world.  
I don't know about you, but I've been DEEPLY programmed to apply value and "worthiness" in varying degrees to everyone and everything around me.  
It does not make me proud.
All of this has led me to the realization that love, real love, is HARD.
My intention and desire is to rise to this challenge. 
In a down moment yesterday, I found myself belittling my own sharp flaws.
Remembering to hold up my own well-being and dignity was called for.
I doubt gold medals will ever be handed out for this. 
That doesn't mean we couldn't imagine it as Olympic game material, does it?
Namaste'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment