Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Water Lies Low

"Water lies low and does not compare or compete.
I felt swamped by these words.
Especially as I was deep in the weeds 
of comparison and competition at the time.
I catch myself there often, I'm afraid.
In this respect, I would so love to liquify every
brittle, hardened patch within.


"Be the water and flow easily."
My first reaction to this thought is how passive it sounds.
And I have no desire to be passive.

Yet, water is capable of creating dramatic change.
Watch any creek bed before and after a rain storm.

I like the combination of this thought with yesterday's 
"But water always goes where it wants to go, 
and nothing in the end can stand against it."

It seems to me that as a human who is half water,
I have the potential to combine the qualities of water 
with the power of attentive intention
and participate in creating 
dignity and decency wherever I go.
Planting seeds along the way for those who come after.
Cultivating the soil with elements
that nourish and sustain a continual harvest
for all creatures inhabiting the landscape.

Namaste'



 

No comments:

Post a Comment