Monday, July 29, 2024

Cherish Your Solitude


"Cherish your solitude."
I'm always surprised, when I get a day to myself, how
luxurious it feels up until it doesn't. 


"Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you're doing here."
It feels like this should have been taken care of by now, but that's not necessarily so.

I read a piece today talking about "reckless abandon".  
I like that phrase in the abstract but acting on it is a different story.
I'm always surprised by the deep down, wrapped in a warm blanket feeling
I get navigating the familiar and comforting (some might say boring) 
routine of my ordinary life.


I recognize there might be great value to stepping outside the lines
and letting go of my expectations to simply experience life as it comes
without judgment or censor.
To actually open the window to the unknown 
without constructing it to my preferences.
To venture into truly unknown places and experiences.
Simply going somewhere without my phone would qualify!
Namaste'



 

No comments:

Post a Comment