Thursday, July 4, 2024

We Hold These Truths


On this Fourth of July in 2024 when our democracy is
on the precipice, I am exquisitely grateful for historians, two in particular.
Heather Cox Richardson has been a voice of reason and sanity
every day since the political earthquake of 2016.
Last night, we listened to Allan Lichtman
who has been studying the presidency for 50 years.
What he had to say was impressive and echoed Heather.
We are in critical times.  
As much as I'd like to fall asleep or bury my head
and wake up to read the story of how we saved democracy,
I/we are actually living this...and we are the ones saving it...together.
We have reached the turning point of the plot and its up to us
to determine the rest of the story.
I recommend listening to the historians.
Happy Birthday to American Democracy
may you recover from this crisis and live long and prosper.
Namaste'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment