Friday, July 26, 2024

World, World

These words convey something of the anguish I suffer
when contemplating the harm humans continue to inflict
on our precious planet through ignorance, error and apathy. 
It gratifies me to acknowledge the efforts we've made in 
attempting to correct our mistakes and rectify our behavior.
Yet, there is still so very much to do.

May I one day know the beauty of mosquitos,
ticks, chiggers, poison oak and ivy, yellow jackets and copperheads, etc.
Actually, I know something of their beauty...from afar...
at a distance where I can observe without painful consequences.
It's much more preferable to read about their attributes.
Learning to live in mutual respect is the key and the objective, I believe.

I am pondering the generosity of our earth...how she finds ways to
 adapt and evolve from our misuse when given the time; 
decades, if not eons of time to recover.

May we find ways to utter our thanks in return.
Namaste'






 

No comments:

Post a Comment