Friday, July 19, 2024

What If Resting?

"What if resting...is the real act of holiness?"
I/We have been so well trained that action is what matters.
This thought takes some time to try on and become comfortable with, doesn't it?
"the gift of our only life in this gorgeous world means taking time..."
We keep hearing this...why is it so challenging to accomplish?
What is it about the push to "get it done" that has such a hold on me?
If one really thinks about it, we're already "getting it done" simply by breathing!
Imagine that!?

"...we can't be of much use if we remain in a perpetual state of exhaustion and despair."
The despair word again.  We shall not give in to despair!

Namaste'

Note:
It has been a true delight to gather back nuggets of wisdom from  The Comfort of Crows by Margaret Renkl. A treasured group of friends and I have shared our journey through this book
over the past several weeks. I've been moved to tears, overwhelmed with sorrow, 
overcome with joy, overflowing with gratitude and deeply impressed with her skill as a writer and her beauty as a human being as I revisit these thoughts.
I hope it will be similar for you over the next few days as I share tidbits to savor slowly.
To add to the bliss, there are exquisite drawings included in the book by the author's brother.
(PS:  I receive no commission for this) I hope it will be as fruitful for you as it is for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment