Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Matter Yearning For Meaning

I'm wondering what would happen if all across America,
citizens gathered at courthouses in vigorous dissent of a king?
I wonder if the vision...the dream of a world
where all humans are equal, treated with dignity
and free to be who they are created to be,
to love who they love, to worship as they choose...
I wonder if that vision with all its flaws and failings, 
the one that has survived and thrived for 250 years,
will overcome this assault?
I wonder if human beings with strong disagreements
can still find ways to work things out together 
for the well being of ourselves, our neighbors and our planet?
I'm wondering if we are up to the strenuous task
of preserving and improving our democracy 
against the forces determined to blot out the vision
of liberty and justice (and equity) for all so a select few can dictate?
My answer to these questions is a heartfelt YES.
Yes we are, yes we can and yes we must!
Namaste'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment