Friday, July 12, 2024

Human Beings Are Like Rivers

Unsettling as this may be to ponder,
I find this reassuring and even inspiring.
Certainly, there are human qualities I find repugnant,
yet, there are others that dazzle me.
It also delights me to think of the ecotones of a river
and wonder where I'm finding myself in a moment of time.
Am I in a narrow section of the river?
What is the state of my water, clear or muddy?
Am I running cold or warm right now?
A healthy river is powerful and priceless. 
It deserves and requires attention,
consideration, and the support of those around it.
 I'm recognizing this more and more as I grow.
How healthy is my river? 
Is it being harmed or helped by outside forces?
What can I do to enhance its well being?
It's a charming reverie as well as a sometimes harsh reality.

Namaste'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment