Monday, July 22, 2024

Merely By Breathing


 This quote moves me into an inner space I welcome and cherish.
It echoes a poem by Rosemerry Trommer with a similar message.

"What lies before me is not all there is."
May I carry this reality in my bloodstream.

"That time is ever passing, and not only when I notice"
Embroider this into my skin among the marks of its truth.

"That strife and pain are no more unexpected than pleasure and joy."
Remember to allow each to have their way with me in equal proportion
while leaning into pleasure and joy.

"That merely by breathing I belong to the eternal."
A thought that takes my breath away...
and gives it back again and again.

I can feel the river of goodness strong this morning even
as I mourn the treatment of a fine, fine man who deserves better.
Namaste'


No comments:

Post a Comment